Abinadi Meza is a sound artist and designer based in Texas. He works in many formats including installation, environments, fixed media and live performance. His works are often designed in relation to a given space where he "harvests" sound for building intense structures and forms.
His work has been presented at Irish Museum of Modern Art, Dublin; Walker Art Center, Minneapolis; La Casa Encendida, Madrid; Carlos Carvalho Arte Contemporânea, Lisbon; Uppsala Museum of Art, Sweden; and Utzon Architectural Centre, Aalborg, Denmark.
Awards & Recognitions
- National Association of Latino Arts and Culture Fund for the Arts Award, 2008-09
- Minnesota Center for Photography/Jerome Foundation Project Grant, 2008
- National Association of Latino Arts and Culture Fund for the Arts Award, 2007-08
- Tanne Foundation Award, 2007
- Jerome Foundation Media Arts Grant, 2006
- MCAD/Jerome Foundation Fellowship for Emerging Artists, 2004-05